You all probably know by now that I have a great love for garlic, but I also have an equal love for bacon. I was browsing around finding different recipes when I stumbled upon these lovely pasta from Guy Fieri. Hello! This guy knows food so when he says put bacon in your spaghetti you know it is going to be fantastic!
I made some slight changes. I know how can you go against the awesomeness of Guy Fieri??? But they were minor changes and they worked with what I had on hand. Seriously, if you love bacon you need to try this one!
Bacon and Tomato Spaghetti source Guy's Big Bite
1 lb spaghetti (or other favorite pasta), cooked and drained
1 lb bacon, chopped
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (my family hates spicy food so add more if you like it!)
3 TBS minced garlic
1 - 28 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
2 tomatoes, diced and seeded
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1 TBS Italian seasoning
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and saute bacon until crispy, about 5 minutes
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towel
- Remove all but about 2 TBS of bacon grease from the pan
- Add onions and red pepper flakes to the skillet and cook until onions are translucent, about 7-10 minutes
- Add garlic and cook for about 2 minutes
- Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegaigrette,salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and bacon to the skillet and cook on low for about 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend
- Toss in cooked pasta and shredded parmesan
- Serve with additional parmesan for topping and enjoy!
You can see this is a really simple dish. The bacon just does something amazing to this dish, but then again when doesn't bacon do something amazing?!? This one is definitely a hit and I can see this being added to the meal plan for good! Yum!
Below is the nutritional value per serving. This recipe yields approximately 8 servings,