Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan

Agghhhh!!!  I missed the start of my week!  Well I didn't really, but I sure didn't get a chance to post my menu for the week.  I actually have 2 weeks planned out already.  So even though I am ahead of the game on meal planning I just haven't had a free moment to post my meal plan yet.  Please forgive me for falling behind and now onto to the good stuff!


Sunday - Frito Pie

Monday - Steak Soup (recipe will be posted tonight!)

Tuesday - Chicken Enchiladas

Wednesday - Creamed Chipped Beef over toast

Thursday - BBQ Beef Sandwiches with Dill Potato Salad (recipe will posted Thursday night)

Friday - Pizza (take out)

Saturday - San Francisco Pork Chops served over brown rice with mixed veggies

For breakfast we have bagels with cream cheese, cereal, oatmeal, and a variety of fruits.  Lunches will be leftovers, sandwiches, and veggies.  Snacks will consist of various fruits, veggies, nuts, crackers, and cheese.

Below is the grocery list for this weeks dinner menu.  Many people will have lots of these items on hand, but I am including everything except for standard seasonings like salt, pepper, red pepper, etc.

1 large bag reduced sodium Frito's
15 oz can of chili (I used Wolf Brand)
2 - 8 oz shredded cheese
16 oz Sour Cream
1 lb lean steak (whatever is on sale)
1 large onion
1 lb carrots
1 celery
3 lb potatoes
2 - 32 oz containers of beef broth
14 oz diced tomatoes
14 oz stewed tomatoes
16 oz frozen mixed vegetables
10 oz enchilada sauce
4 oz cream cheese
1-1/2 cups salsa
1 lb chicken (thighs or breast whichever you prefer)
15 oz pinto beans
4 oz green chiles
10 flour tortillas
1 loaf bread
12-16 oz corned beef
1 gallon milk
1 package butter
3-4 lbs beef roast
14 oz beef broth
1 cup ketchup
brown sugar
steak sauce
1/2 cup lemon juice
garlic
Buns
1/2 cup mayonnaise
dried dill weed
2 green onions
4 pork chops
1/4 cup sherry wine
Brown Rice
Frozen mixed vegetables

There it is...the weekly menu and grocery list.  Make sure you come back to get the recipes for my meal plan too!

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!