Thursday, September 27, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan

I am using up what I have in my freezer so that means no shopping this week!  YAY!  It's always nice to skip the grocery store for the week isn't it?!?  I will still include all the ingredients needed for the recipes.  This week my meal plan is a little different.  Instead of including all my breakfast, lunch, and snacks I will just share my dinner plans this week.  The snacks will consist of fruit, nuts, dried fruits, cheese, crackers, etc.  Breakfast will be eggs, bagels, cereal, toast, and fruit.  Then lunches will be leftovers or sandwiches.

Lots of these recipes I am making to use up some of the processed foods in my cupboard and freezer so they won't be as healthy.  But they will still be tasty :)  I haven't made many if any recipes with canned soups in a long time and I have 2 this week.  I am not a huge convenience food fan anymore, but I have some in my cupboard that need to be used up.

It works out well for this week anyway since we will be super busy with different activities.  When you are running around all day sometimes it is nice to have a simple meal to make.  I'm sure you guys understand that feeling, right???

Sunday - Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans (I make my meatloaf with 8 oz tomato sauce instead of water and my topping is a mixture of 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup ketchup)

Monday - Biscuits and sausage gravy with side of fruit (I will post my recipe Monday night)

Tuesday - Tuna Noodle Casserole (A family favorite!  I will post my recipe Tuesday night)

Wednesday - Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup with a side of broccoli

Thursday - Pork Chop and Stuffing Bake with a side of corn

Friday - Garlic Chicken with baked potatoes and green beans (I will post my recipe Friday night)

Saturday - Sweet and Sour Meatballs served over brown rice (I will post my recipe on Saturday night)

There is the meal plan for the week.  Lots of old favorites and all of them are quick, easy, and convenient meals.  Best part is I have everything on hand.  But if you want a list here it is.

2 lbs Ground Beef
1 Box Stuffing Mix (chicken flavor)
8 oz can of tomato sauce
2 eggs
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 lb potatoes
Milk
Butter
Buttermilk Biscuits
1 lb pork breakfast sausage
1/4 cup flour
2 small cans of tuna
8 oz wide egg noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup frozen green peas
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded cheese
Bread
Cheese slices
Tomato Soup
Frozen Broccoli
6 - Pork Chops
Stuffing Mix (chicken flavor)
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Onion
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 stick butter
4 Chicken Thighs
Minced Garlic
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 small bag frozen meatballs
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
2 TBS soy sauce
2 TBS cornstarch
1 can corn
1 can green beans
1 melon
1 bunch bananas
1 small bag brown rice

Those are all the ingredients needed except for seasonings.  You will need the basics salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onion, parsley, and thyme.  Best part is most ingredients you will have in your cupboard or fridge.  That's always a plus :)  I can't wait to share some of our family's favorite recipes with you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!