Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Triple Berry Banana Bread - Clean Eating

I have tons of bananas that need to be used up....well maybe not tons, but way more than usual.  Normally my family goes through 2 bunches per week, but this week no one has touched them.  So what do you do with whole lot of bananas???  You make banana bread.

There was only one problem.  I really didn't want an ordinary banana bread.  After some debating with myself I decided to throw in some frozen mixed berries.  I think the berries add a little tartness that is a nice change :)

The kids loved it too!  But anytime I bake it is a special treat.  I am still not completely comfortable with baked goods.  Quick breads, cookies, and muffins seem to work out good for me though so who knows, maybe sometime soon I will begin to work on my baking skills.


Triple Berry Banana Bread
2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup stevia cup for cup
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup frozen mixed berries

  • In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt
  • In a large bowl stir mashed banana, stevia, applesauce, egg, and vanilla extract until blended and smooth
  • Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until just combined
  • Fold in berries
  • Place battter in a greased loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
What a delicious way to enjoy some over ripe bananas?!?  Not to mention I love the smell of banana bread filling the house.  Such a yummy smell!

The nutritional information is per serving.  This recipe yields approximately 12 servings.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 73 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
115
Calories from Fat
8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
0.9g
1%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
16mg
5%
Sodium
46mg
2%
Total Carbohydrates
23.8g
8%
Dietary Fiber
3.3g
13%
Sugars
5.0g
Protein
2.9g
Vitamin A 1%Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 3%Iron 4%
Nutrition Grade C
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points
Bad points
  • High in sugar
  • Contains alcohol

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!