Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Better For You Shake

Well it's back in the upper-90's today, but on the plus side it is only today :)  What is better than some ice cream or a nice thick shake when it is scorching outside.  Unfortunately I really don't want the added calories.  So when I found a recipe for the Easy Shake and I had frozen bananas I knew I had to give this a try!  This definitely makes more than 1 serving so feel free to cut it in half or do like I did and share with someone.  I know my 4 year old loved it!


Better For You Shake adapted from My Fridge Food
2 Frozen Bananas
1.5 TBS Cocoa Powder
1 TBS Peanut Butter
1 TBS Pure Maple Syrup
1 Cup 2% Milk

  • Place everything in a blender and blend on high until smooth and fully combined
Yum!  This is a great way to enjoy a classic drink without feeling too guilty ;)  This is really yummy and next time I may actually cut the peanut butter and maple syrup to help cut down on sugar.  Seriously you need to give this a try as soon as possible!  

The nutritional value is per serving.  The recipe yields approximately two 9 oz servings.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 262 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
248
Calories from Fat 
66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
7.4g
11%
Saturated Fat 
2.8g
14%
Cholesterol 
10mg
3%
Sodium 
90mg
4%
Total Carbohydrates 
43.1g
14%
Dietary Fiber 
4.8g
19%
Sugars 
27.4g
Protein 
8.1g
Vitamin A 6%Vitamin C 18%
Calcium 16%Iron 7%
Nutrition Grade A-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points
Bad points
Linked to:

2 comments:

  1. Hey love your new blog and title ! Looks like we are all gonna have a Yummy time here ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's so funny because I was just browsing all your wonderful pictures. The trails looked gorgeous and so does Miggy of course! I've been so busy this summer that I have so much catching up to do! Thanks again for your kind comment and hope the new business is going well. I know you guys will do wonderfully with it, you both have an amazing talent! :)

      Delete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!