Sunday, April 29, 2012

Chicken Stroganoff

Instead of making Swedish Meatballs I decided to make Chicken Stroganoff.  This is really easy, especially if you have tons of cooked and shredded chicken in your freezer like I do ;)

This does have canned soup in it, but I do have a few cans to use up.  You could definitely make a roux with flour and butter then add some chicken broth and use that instead of canned condensed soup.  Honestly that is what I would do, but I don't have any mushrooms so to get that mushroom flavor I am subbing canned soup.



Chicken Stroganoff
2 Cups Cooked and Shredded Chicken
4 Cups Cooked Pasta, egg noodles are my favorite but use what you have on hand
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup *See paragraph above on substitute*
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1 TBS Dried Parsley
1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt

  • Mix everything together except yogurt and noodles and heat on medium low until heated through
  • Once warm and bubbly, remove from heat, and stir in yogurt
  • Serve over noodles
This is a very quick and easy dish to prepare.  My family loves the tang of this dish and there are rarely leftovers.  If I ever do make enough it never lasts long because everyone wants the leftovers for lunch.  

Makes approximately 6 servings.  Nutritional information for 1 serving.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 163 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
264
Calories from Fat
33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
3.7g
6%
Saturated Fat
0.8g
4%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
79mg
26%
Sodium
407mg
17%
Total Carbohydrates
34.9g
12%
Dietary Fiber
0.8g
3%
Sugars
1.7g
Protein
21.5g
Vitamin A 3%Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 7%Iron 13%
Nutrition Grade A-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!