Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine Box

This is a day late, but better late than never! I've been super busy this past week.  I have been trying to catch up and I promise I will.  We have had lots of car issues the past couple of days that have been tying me up.  It all started when we went to get plates for our cars.  When we were waiting in line at the vehicle inspection place the axle to the Jeep broke.  Then they found a bad leak in the one of the hoses to the car and the ball bearing needs to be fixed plus we just put new tires on the car.  YIKES, it's really adding up now!  So we finally got our plates, the Jeep has been fixed, and the car goes in Monday to get more work done.

Before any of the car issues began we went and bought a new washer and dryer.  Which I LOVE!  I am using my homemade detergent in them without an issue and the washer is a top load HE so that may answer some questions people may have had about that.  Nothing like forking out tons of money in one week.  But I won't complain because I was able to pay for everything without any issues.  It could be worse, right?!?



But enough of my rambling...let's take a peak at the one fun project I was able to complete with my daughter this week.  We made her Valentine Box for school.  It was super easy and I think she decorated it perfect!

Here's what you will need:

  • Empty Capri Sun Box
  • Knife
  • Wrapping Paper
  • Stickers
  • Stamps
  • Tape
  • Hot Glue Gun

And Here is how we did it:

  • Take a Capri Sun box and hot glued the open end shut.  
  • Then cut a hole for the treats and cards on the widest edge of the box.  
  • Wrap it with some wrapping paper.  I used pink wrapping paper I found at Walmart for 97 cents.  I did wrap it twice since I chose a light pink and otherwise you would see the Capri Sun logo ;)  
  • When it was fully wrapped feel for the hole you cut and then put a slit from end to end in the middle. 
  • Fold the sliced paper inside the box and secure it by placing small pieces of tape on edge of the sliced paper and inside of the box, repeat for the other end.  


She wrote her name in the name tag, but I blocked it out.  I am sure you all understand :)

When I finished the above it was my daughters turn to decorate.  I gave her some stamps and card stock stickers, each found at Walmart for only 97 cents.  She then decorated away.  Such a pretty job and she is super excited to bring it to school and collect all her goodies!  Now how is that for less than $3?  Super easy, super cute, and of course super satisfying for the kiddos because they get to add their personal touches.

Make sure you find My Road to Savings on facebooktwitter, and now Google+ so you don't miss any great tips and updates!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! She is really proud of it and can't wait to take it to school :)

      Delete
  2. She did such a great job!! I hope it was filled with lots of fun cards yesterday :)

    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too :) She actually added more stickers of course because you can never have enough stickers ;) She made out really well yesterday with lots of goodies, treats, and cards!

      Delete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!