Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Noodles

Over the years I have made many variations of Beef Tips and Noodles.  I was suppose to make Beef Stroganoff, but I used the cream cheese to make Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecakes.  I completely forgot I needed the cream cheese for the Beef Stroganoff, but I had visions of yummy cheesecakes in my head so I wasn't thinking too clearly ;)

In the end it all worked out and this turned out really well.  It is not the healthiest way to make this meal by any means so I served this with a corn and green bean medley and a side salad..  Hey it makes me feel a little better.  We're all aloud a little cheat right?!? 


Everyone liked it and actually my husband said it was his favorite way I've made it so far.  My only complaint is that is was a bit salty for my liking.  I think I would cut the mushroom soup down to half a packet next time I make this.

You can really see how tender the meat is in this picture
 
Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Noodles
2 lbs Stew Meat
1 Can of Golden Mushroom Soup
1 Packet of Onion Soup Mix
1/2 Cup Red Wine
Water if needed
1 bag of noodles (I used Wacky Mac)

Before I get into the instructions let me tell you I made this a little different than most people do.  I wanted to prepare it the night before so when I woke up all I had to do is put it in the crock pot.  Many recipes say you can just through all the ingredients in the crock pot and start cooking, but I like to brown the meat and cook the wine and soups down into a gravy first so that is what I did.
  1. Brown meat in a large skillet.  Add wine and soups.  Reduce down for about 15 minutes.
  2. Place in crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or do as I did and place in the fridge until the next morning.  Leave it on the counter for about 20 minutes and then begin cooking.  Mine came out incredibly tender and I cooked it for about 8 hours on low.  About half way through I added about 1/2 cup of water because the liquid was reduced quite a bit.  That is probably because I reduced the wine mixture before placing in the crock pot
Serve over buttered noodles and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!