Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pizza Pasta Salad

This is a wonderful veggie packed pasta with some really great flavors and best yet...it is GOOD for you food! YAY!  A pasta dish everyone loves that is veggie packed is always worth celebrating!  It is rather simple to make and as always can be tweaked to your tastes.  I would throw in some olives, but no one likes them except for me.  I am sure my hubby would want some fresh mushrooms.  Maybe next time I set out some toppers out so everyone can add what they want on top of their own dish.  If you don't want to add pepperoni I am sure italian sausage would be good too.



Pizza Pasta
1 lb Bow Tie Pasta
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, Halved (I quartered the really big ones)
1/2 Cup Green Pepper, Diced
3/4 Cup Marinated Artichoke Hearts, roughly chopped
8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, Diced
6 oz Pepperoni, Diced
1/2 Cup Fresh Basil, Chopped

  • Prepare noodles as directed on package and set aside to cool while you chop all the veggies.
  • Add noodles into a large bowl along with olive oil and toss well to coat.  
  • Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well.  Refrigerate for at least an hour to blend flavors
  • Give it a quick mix before serving
Not to hard to make and it was enjoyed by everyone.  I really love veggie packed pasta salads they are so light, but still filling.  To me they are perfect anytime of the year and they make great leftovers for lunch.   This is very similar to my spaghetti salad which is heaven!  I will have to share that one very soon too :)   

This recipe was inspired by the recipe found HERE.  Check them out for other great heart healthy recipes!

7 comments:

  1. I'm trying to become a bit more domestic in light of my upcoming wedding and I will be trying this one for sure! Thanks for sharing this and if you would like to link this post up with me today...go right ahead. Happy Wednesday:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the upcoming wedding! How exciting! I stopped by and linked up. Thanks for the invite and I hope you enjoy the pasta salad :)

      Delete
  2. You are right about the dish being healthy :) It looks really delicious. By the way, I'm stopping by from hump day bh. Enjoy the rest of your day (or night).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good and the best part is you can change it up by adding or taking out any veggies based on your preference. :)

      Delete
  3. This looks delicious and you know that i am loving that it is healthy! hoping you are linking this one up!

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassidy I knew this one would make you happy. I will also link up the Lemon Chicken Spaghetti. Super easy and good for too :)

      Delete
  4. That looks Delish! Thanks for linking up at Pinned it, Made it over at Finding My Way in Texas :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!