Monday, January 23, 2012

Meal Plan and Grocery List



I have my meal plan and grocery list planned until the end of February, but now I have separated my list to cover the next 2 weeks starting Friday.  I shop bi-weekly for the majority of my groceries.  The only other groceries I will get in between are the ones that need to stay fresh (like cucumbers and tomatoes).  Those won't last two weeks.

My budget is still the same, but I am hoping to come in under for the next couple of weeks.  I am currently over budget for the month due to all the products to make cleaning supplies.  My spending should begin to even out because the total spent so far was around $85 for items that should last the entire year.  I fully expect to spend another $15 to make more laundry soap before the end of the year, but that should be it for cleaning supplies.  That is really good considering last year I well surpassed $100 in laundry detergent alone.

Lets look at the meal plan for the next two weeks and the list.  I would show a screen shot of the calendar, but I actually have two different ones because of January and February.  So I will list it this time along with the groceries I plan to buy.

Meal Plan 1/28 - 2/10
1/28 - Chili
1/29 - Leftovers from freezer
1/30 - Lemon Garlic Spaghetti
1/31 - One Pot Macaroni and Cheese
2/1 - Chicken Enchiladas
2/2 - Honey Garlic Chicken
2/3 - Chicken Gyros
2/4 - Tortellini Minestrone
2/5 - BLT Pasta Salad
2/6 - Zuppa Toscana
2/7 - Garlic Rubbed Grilled Cheese w/ Bacon
2/8 - Parmesan Garlic Chicken w/ Orzo
2/9 - Lasagna
2/10 - Takeout

Grocery List 1/27-2/9

2 Chili Beans
1 Olive Oil
2 Macaroni Noodles
1 Diced Green Chiles
1 - 32 oz Sour Cream
1 Tortillas
1 Orzo
1 Bacon
1 Lettuce
1 Italian Sausage
2 White Onions
1 Russet Potatoes
1 - 16 oz Heavy Cream
5 oz Parmesan Cheese
2 Garlic Clove
1 Celery
1 V8 Vegetable juice
1 Tortellini
1 Bread 
1 Butter
1 eggs
2 Milk
1 Provolone
1 Fresh Mozzarella
1 oranges
3 pop
10 Kool-Aid
3lbs Chicken
1 Pine Nuts
1 Flour
Items to buy fresh within those two weeks

1 - 32 oz Greek Yogurt
1 Cucumber
1 Pita Bread
1 Red Onions
6 Tomatoes
1 Lettuce
1 Kale
1 Mushrooms
1 Zucchini
1 Basil Pesto
1 green pepper
2 milk


That's the plan and the list.  One thing to remember even though I planned for the next two weeks does not mean that changes won't happen.  It is important to stay flexible.  You may have company coming or something comes up in your schedule and you need a quick meal.  Or you could be like me and see the weather getting cooler so you decided to serve soup on a chilly night instead.  I will still make these meals and they are tentatively planned for those dates, but they could end up shifting around a bit.  There is nothing wrong with that :)

Don't forget to find My Road to Savings on facebook, twitter, and now Google+

My meal plan is posted at I'm an Organizing Junkie.  Head over to find other great meal planning ideas!

2 comments:

  1. you are so organized! I know being together like that helps cut down on costs alone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. It is my new approach and so far so good. I was tired of all the "junk" I was buying with coupons and did not feel like I was getting what I wanted out of it. Now I will budget, plan, and use coupons on needed items instead of buying items because I have a coupon.

      Delete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!