Monday, January 23, 2012

Last Minute Chicken Salad

Tonight we were suppose to have General Tso's Chicken.  Looks fantastic doesn't it???  Well my chicken wasn't completely thawed so I decided to boil it and make a quick chicken salad.  This is a very basic recipe and I am sure most of you will have all the ingredients right on hand.


Last Minute Chicken Salad
1 lb chicken cooked and chopped small (I just cool it and shred it with my hands)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 TBS lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/4 cup finely diced celery (I didn't add this because mine is being used for beef barley soup)

  • Just mix everything together and chill for at least an hour so the flavors blend
  • Add on top of salad greens, serve as a sandwich, or even boil some pasta and mix it in with the noodles if you do this you may need to add more dressing so it isn't too dry
  • Provided additional toppings or mix ins such as walnuts, pecans, diced apples, halved grapes, pickle relish, or mandarin oranges (I don't mix these in because everyone has different preferences I find it easier to let each person add their own personal touches)
That's it!  Super easy and simple and yet so yummy!  I am sure the General Tso's Chicken would have been delicious as well, but that will have to wait for a later date.  It's always good to have a simple go to recipe in case things don't pan out the way you intend them too.  This is one of mine.  My hubby doesn't like chicken salad so he either eats leftovers or I whip him up some tuna salad.  No worries either because the leftovers are perfect for lunches :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!