Thursday, January 5, 2012

Crunchy Cheesy Chicken

This recipe is inspired by combining two recipes that I have seen.  One is for Crispy Cheddar Chicken and the other is Crunchy Cheddar Chicken.  I love dipping my chicken into ranch dressing and just about everything else.  I am like a little kid with ranch dressing.  I just LOVE it!  So when I saw the recipe for the crispy cheddar chicken I knew I had to adapt it to one of my favorites the crunchy cheddar chicken.

We served this with a nice side salad, frozen yogurt dipped strawberries, and green beans.  Rather simple and easy to make.  It takes little effort to prepare without lacking in any flavor.  Enjoy!



Crunchy Cheesy Chicken
4 Large Chicken Breasts
1 Sleeve Ritz Crackers
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
1/2 of an 8 oz Package Shredded Cheese (I used Colby Jack)
3/4 Cup Ranch Dressing
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
2 TBS Butter
couple splashes of milk (I eyeballed it probably about 2-3 TBS)
2 TBS Fresh Parsley
  1. Cut chicken into large chunks
  2. Grind the ritz crackers and mix in parsley, salt, and pepper
  3. Dip Chicken into ranch dressing, then cheese, and then cracker crumb mixture
  4. Place chicken into greased 9x13 pan repeat until all the chicken is coated.  Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven
  5. Remove foil, turn oven up to 400 degrees, and place back into the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown and crispy
  6. In a medium saucepan whisk together soup, milk, and butter.  Stir it over medium heat until sauce is combined and hot.  Serve over chicken
This was really good.  Everyone really enjoyed it and the crispy edges along the sides are really good :)  I want to try this with cheddar cheese or nacho cheese soup too.  The chicken was incredibly good without the sauce in case you are watching calories/sodium.  The kids really enjoyed this dish which is a huge plus!  Everyone had seconds...even the picky one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!