Friday, December 30, 2011

Baked Chicken Fajitas

So who would have know that you can easily bake chicken fajitas?  Sounds so simple...yet I never even thought of it.  I was browsing Pinterest when I came across this recipe and tweaked it to my family's liking.  Check out Eatin' on the Cheap for the original recipe if you would like to see a variation. 
Baked Chicken Fajitas
Baked Chicken Fajitas

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
2 cans diced tomatoes w/ green chilies (ie. Rotel)
1 large sweet onion, sliced thin (I really like onions!)
1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
2 TBS vegetable oil
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a glass 13x9 baking dish
  2. Place drained tomatoes, onions, peppers, and chicken in pan and mix
  3. In a small dish mix spices and oil
  4. Drizzle over chicken mixture and toss to coat
  5. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until chicken is done and veggies are tender
  6. Serve in warmed tortillas with cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo, guacamole, or whatever other toppings your family likes.
This recipe was simple and very good.  We served ours with just cheese and they really didn't need anything else.  I would have spiced it up a bit, but this was perfect for my non spice loving family.  Even the picky toddler ate this...YAY!  This was a meal in itself for us, but some cilantro lime rice or black beans would compliment this well.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!