Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Aldi

Aldi Produce and Milk

I had to take advantage of some produce deals at Aldi this week along with buying my 2 gallons of milk.  I plan on making more applesauce since we are all out and I am going to add pears to one batch to add a little twist.  I saved so much by buying my produce here this week and think I will be keeping an eye on their prices in comparison to other grocery stores.

2 - bags of Apples (one Gala and one Red Delicious)
$2.94 or $1.47 each

1 - 3lb bag of Onions
$1.69 (should have been $1.49 according to the sign, but I didn't realize she put it in this way until I was down the street)

2 - 16 oz Baby Carrots
$1.98 or 99 cents each

1 - 4-pack Anjou Pears
99 cents

4 - Grapefruit
$1.16 or 29 cents each

2 - Gallons of Milk
$3.98 or $1.99

My produce total was $12.74, but would have easily been $25 or more with all this produce and milk at any other grocery store.  That is like a 51% savings over most grocery chains. 

Don't forget to find My Road to Savings on Facebook and Twitter!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a phenomenal price on apples. I am so in need of a price cut on apples, although our fruit bowl is full with oranges already.

    It really is hard to beat Aldi's prices on produce though, and I have started buying a lot of our chicken there as well.

    Thank you for linking up at the Aldi Savings Linky at the Aldi Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited to see the apples so cheap especially since we needed them so badly (I only had 2 left!). We were completely out of applesauce and the kids really dislike when that happens ;) I will have to check out the meat prices there too. I don't need any right now so I didn't even look, but I sure will check out their prices next time I am there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great savings. I am wanting cheap apples too. The first sale of the season they were $0.69 a pound. Now twice as much. Thanks for sharing at Pounds4Pennies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy to see the price drop here a bit because when they first dropped I was too busy exploring the new area and enjoying the fall festivities to want to take on the task of making large batches of apple sauce :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!