Monday, November 21, 2011

Vegetable Soup

Surprise!  I made soup for dinner again.  I know I have said this multiple times already,  but I am loving this chilly weather and all the comfort food.  I really missed enjoying warm homemade soup on a cold night.  Soup just doesn't taste as good when it is 90 degrees outside ;)  So tonight I made vegetable soup and it was fantastic!

YUM!  You can even see the steam :)

Vegetable Soup
2 Cans Beef Broth $0.76
1-1/2 Cups V8 Vegetable Juice $0.50
1 16-oz bag Mixed Vegetables $0.50
2 Large Potatoes diced $0.10
1/2 Box Penne (or whatever you have on hand) $0.20
3 Stalks of Celery (diced) $0.15
1 Can Diced Tomatoes (undrained)  $0.73
1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 Cup Instant Potatoes (add to your desired consistency or leave out) $0.15
  1. This is super easy...combine everything except pasta and instant potatoes in a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours :)  Cook pasta according to package and add pasta and instant potatoes to soup approximately 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Total Cost:  $3.09 or 39 cents per serving

Serve with crackers, sandwiches, or bread and butter :)

Don't forget to find My Road to Savings on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!