Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Publix adopts new coupon policy - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Here is the link to the new Publix Coupon Policy that will go into effect May 23rd. I don't see too many changes and am still unsure what our area will consider as competitors. Many areas are no longer considering Target a competitor which I really hope ours will continue to consider them a competitor since we do have so many Super Targets in the area. Basically, it looks like Publix will only consider "true" grocery stores as a competitor so no more CVS, Walgreens, Family Dollar, etc. Also, this article states only one manufacturer coupon can be used on BOGO's. I did not interpret the policy this way at all. The policy states "each item is a separate sale" which means the free item would still be considered separate as it is under the current policy not that the free item and full priced item are grouped together as one. It was also stated that if the coupon is worth more than the item that would get money back so I think NBC2 interpreted this incorrectly. Everything I have seen on other blogs seem to agree with me that each item even the free on is considered a seperate item. Make sure you print up the policy and are aware of what the policy states so if you do have an issue you can address it properly with the manager. I do not expect there to be any issues since Publix is making sure all their employees are aware of the change and are properly educated. Really, nothing has changed for us here in our area so I do not understand why people are upset. Make sure you check with your store to find out who is considered a competitor and let me know what you all find out.

Publix adopts new coupon policy - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!